From: Joshua Kinard <kumba@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Restoring from the Attic?
Date: Sat, 21 Mar 2015 18:23:54
1 On 03/21/2015 14:05, Andreas K. Huettel wrote:
2 > Am Samstag, 21. März 2015, 19:01:08 schrieb Joshua Kinard:
3 >> What's the procedure for restoring ebuilds from the CVS Attic? I need to
4 >> temporarily restore an ebuild from the Attic while hunting down a solution for
5 >> Bug #543978. The CVS Tutorial doesn't have anything on this specific operation.
6 >
7 >> Thanks!,
10 > Been there done that. In the package dir, just do
11 >
12 > cvs add something-x.y.ebuild
13 >
14 > (while the ebuild file is missing) and it magically reappears.
15
16 That worked. Figures it was something simple. Probably should add a
17 subsection to the CVS manual for this.
18
19 Thanks!,
22 Joshua Kinard
23 Gentoo/MIPS
24 kumba@g.o
25 4096R/D25D95E3 2011-03-28
26
27 "The past tempts us, the present confuses us, the future frightens us. And our
28 lives slip away, moment by moment, lost in that vast, terrible in-between."
29
30 --Emperor Turhan, Centauri Republic