From: Matt Turner <mattst88@g.o>
To: gentoo development <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Cc: Mart Raudsepp <leio@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Addressing split usage of USE=gles[123]
Date: Sun, 24 Nov 2019 17:31:00
1 On Thu, Nov 21, 2019 at 5:09 PM Matt Turner <mattst88@g.o> wrote:
2 >
3 > On Thu, Nov 21, 2019 at 4:54 PM Dennis Schridde <devurandom@×××.net> wrote:
4 > >
5 > > On Donnerstag, 21. November 2019 09:11:46 CET Mart Raudsepp wrote:
6 > > > See also this related old thread:
7 > > > https://archives.gentoo.org/gentoo-dev/message/e04f6d321e424a237af62721d1d09
8 > > > 211
9 > >
10 > > I think tackling the triad of opengl/gles, egl/glx, X/wayland is also a good
11 > > idea. Generally, all these probably have to distinguish between "support for
12 > > XYZ" and "use only XYZ", the latter hopefully being the exception, so that the
13 > > former can take the shorter use-flag. That's what I don't like about the
14 > > proposal from 2018: Globally enabling USE=gles will have different effects on
15 > > different packages. That's also what I like about the recent proposal: The
16 > > flags are more explicit.
17 >
18 > Totally agree. FWIW, we have bugs filed about this for USE=wayland [0]
19 > and USE=USE={egl,gles{,1,2,3}}.
20 >
21 > I would be happy to see someone take up this project. I'll be happy to help.
22
23 Is anyone planning to work on this?
24
25 > [0] https://bugs.gentoo.org/627714