From: Omer Cohen <omerc.net@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Looking for a dev-web mentor
Date: Sun, 05 Jun 2005 14:15:43
1 On 6/5/05, Stuart Longland <redhatter@g.o> wrote:
2 > Omer Cohen *top-posted*:
3 > > what's wrong with that? :/
4 >
5 > http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html
6 >
7 > While, sure, OpenOffice _can_ read Word format, it's far from perfect at
8 > doing so... and besides, we're in the business of promoting Open Source,
9 > not pushing it to one side. ;-)
10 >
11 > Also, can you please disable HTML email composition (might be termed
12 > rich-text), not all of us here use HTML-capable email clients. And try
13 > not to top-post[1], it makes big threads very difficult to read when
14 > posts appear in reverse cronological order.
15 >
16 > Regards,
17 > --
18 > ____ _ Stuart Longland (a.k.a Redhatter)
19 > / _ \ ___ ___ __| |__ __ __ Gentoo Linux/MIPS Cobalt and Docs
20 > - (_) \ / \ ; \(__ __)/ \ / \ Developer
21 > \ // O _| / /\ \ | | | /\ | /\ |
22 > / / \ /__| / \ \ | | | \/ | \/ |
23 > (___/ \____/|_; |_| \_/ \__/ \__/ http://dev.gentoo.org/~redhatter
24 >
25 > Footnotes:
26 > 1. This is mentioned in RFC1855, which I have mirrored at
27 > http://dev.gentoo.org/~redhatter/misc/rfc1855.txt
32 Gmail just introduced the rich-text formatting, so I gotta remember to
33 disable it :)
34
35 And I converted the document to RTF, so you can all happily read it.
36 www.omerc.net/O.Cohen-CV.en.rtf
37
38 Other than that, could anyone post to the subject please?
41 Thanks,
42 Omer Cohen
43 www.omerc.net
44 omerc.net@×××××.com