From: Sebastian Pipping <webmaster@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] Add operator + for licenses (EAPI-4 ?)
Date: Fri, 04 Sep 2009 21:11:17
1 Mounir Lamouri wrote:
2 >> However I do notice that "GPL-2+" could make things easier.
3 >> Why not introduce a license group for it like @GPL-2+ or so, instead?
4 >> That would be transparent and use existing means.
5 >>
6 > I don't understand where the black magic is.
7
8 It would be in the implementation and in the non-transparency.
9 How can a user understabnd that "GPL-2+" refers to a group of license
10 files but "GPL-2" refers to a single file? He may guess but it's not
11 obvious, especially if it hasn#t been like that in the past, which is
12 the case.
15 > However, a
16 > group will not add the information in the ebuild. In other words, I will
17 > have GPL-2 and GPL-3 with GPL-2+ in ACCEPT_LICENSE but I will not have
18 > GPL-2+ packages if i set only GPL-3 in ACCEPT_LICENSE.
19
20 I propose support for license groups in ebuilds then, I guess.
24 Sebastian