From: "Amadeusz Żołnowski" <aidecoe@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-dev] plymouth maintainer-needed
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2012 14:04:35
1 Hi,
2
3 I no longer use plymouth and have no more will to work on it, but
4 because I believe many users use this package it would be good if
5 somebody take maintainership of it. There's only one serious bug opened
6 at this time and there's no much work with this package. I have also
7 written some howto for users:
8
9 http://dev.gentoo.org/~aidecoe/doc/en/plymouth.xml
10
11 (Append .src to get the source.) You can move it anywhere you want.
12
13 Plymouth has plugin I have written for OpenRC (see its openrc use flag)
14 which is more proof-of-concept rather something to be used really
15 seriously, therefore best would be to drop this plugin and support only
16 systemd which is supported by upstream ootb.
17
18 I'm happy to answer any question and help at the beginning with
19 maintaining it.
22 Cheers,
25 Amadeusz Żołnowski