From: Michael Cummings <mcummings@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Keywording, for the umpteenth time
Date: Fri, 20 May 2005 21:18:51
1 On Friday 20 May 2005 16:51, Brian Jackson wrote:
2 >
3 > Get every dev access to all the supported arches (some of this could
4 > probably be done with emulators of some sort, qemu or somesuch). Make them
5 > test on every arch before they change any keywords.
6
7 It's a nice idea (I know I recently opened "negotiations" up with the mips
8 team for access so I could close some of my open bugs against them), but the
9 two problems I can see with this are: remote access tends to mean you can't
10 test any X related properly (shoot, I have a sparc sitting next to me
11 headless, but being headless I never broach the gui related sparc stuff), and
12 ultimately, that kind of open ended freedom will still result in people
13 marking things ~arch and arch that they shouldn't be - maybe they rushed and
14 just made sure it installed, not really worked, or they figure they can
15 always go back later if they see any bugs.
16
17 Man, when did I become the dour note?
21 Michael Cummings | #gentoo-dev, #gentoo-perl
22 Gentoo Perl Dev | on irc.freenode.net
24 --
25 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list