From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: Stroller <root@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
Cc: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Enemy Territory ebuild
Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2003 14:00:04
1 On Sat, 2003-10-18 at 15:38, Stroller wrote:
2 > On Oct 18, 2003, at 2:30 pm, Chris Gianelloni wrote:
3 >
4 > > I want to ask the opinion of everyone.....
5 > >
6 > > Well, I am thinking of breaking up the enemy-territory ebuilds into two
7 > > ebuilds. There would be an enemy-territory ebuild, which would use the
8 > > original download + patches (and therefore be dial-up friendly) and the
9 > > enemy-territory-full ebuild, which would always download and install
10 > > the
11 > > complete game from the most recent version. This should satisfy both
12 > > camps...
13 >
14 > Why not have a new USE flag, called "patches", which says to patch the
15 > original source if possible..?
16 >
17 > After all, one can never have enough USE flags. ;-P
18
19 I try to avoid USE flags if at all possible. It makes things harder to
20 maintain. Especially if in the future, the older download will
21 disappear from mirrors, which we've already started to see.
24 Chris Gianelloni
25 Developer, Gentoo Linux
26 Games Team
27