From: "Diego 'Flameeyes' Pettenò" <flameeyes@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Dirt: To shove under the rug or not shove under the rug? (aka another round of USE_EXPAND)
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2005 13:47:26
1 On Tuesday 27 September 2005 14:51, Jason Stubbs wrote:
2 > Variables are _not_ fine. I would think it should be clear to everybody by
3 > now that ebuilds can not pick random things from the computer they are
4 > installing on to define how they will build.
5 If variables are not fine, so can't be find thigns like profile arch, isn't
6 it? But that was a solution chosen for the merge of x86 and amd64...
7 And the same goes with quite everything defined on profile level, like the
8 others.
9
10 I still think that to users it shouldn't give a damn about ELIBC, USERLAND and
11 KERNEL, as they can just be mislead by thinking that they can change anything
12 about that..
13
14 How we can test for and condition dependencies with special profiles others
15 than this way?
18 Diego "Flameeyes" Pettenò - http://dev.gentoo.org/~flameeyes/
19 Gentoo/ALT lead, Gentoo/FreeBSD, Video, AMD64, Sound, PAM, KDE