From: William Hubbs <williamh@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Any official position from Gentoo about systemd, mdev and udev-static ?
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2012 15:19:29
1 On Wed, Aug 29, 2012 at 01:57:48PM +0200, Tobias Klausmann wrote:
2 > As a first crude datapoint, I compared the build times
3 > (configure+make) of udev-171-r6 and -188 on our dev Alpha. This
4 > is a machine that's on the speedier side of off-mainstream
5 > architecures, but as a datapoint, it should be enough.
6
7 No, not exactly, because udev-188 doesn't build systemd. We use
8 specific targets in the Makefile to avoid doing that.
9
10 William