From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Last rites: games-rpg/nwn-shadowlordsdreamcatcherdemon
Date: Fri, 08 Sep 2017 09:40:48
1 On Fri, Sep 8, 2017 at 2:52 AM, Michał Górny <mgorny@g.o> wrote:
2 >
3 > Maybe find yourself a lawyer, and ask him. We're all volunteers,
4
5 I've already done the research. There is no legal requirement to
6 contact the authors before changing the SRC_URI.
7
8 > and we're no in way obligated to give legal advices to you or anyone
9 > in particular.
10
11 I'm not asking for legal advice.
12
13 Somebody suggested a solution. ulm objected to that solution. I'm
14 merely asking that those trying to stop a problem from being solved to
15 point to a written policy, because that is how virtually every
16 organization on the planet works. If you don't put the impetus on the
17 person trying to block action, then nothing gets done, because posting
18 an objection on a mailing list costs nothing.
19
20 > Especially if it all started with the tone 'how dare you
21 > remove this?!'
24 I certainly never objected to the removal of the package. It didn't
25 fetch and was unmaintained. Of course it should have been
26 treecleaned. Maybe somebody else had that tone, and if that concerns
27 you I suggest you take it up with them.
30 Rich