From: Jeremy Huddleston <eradicator@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] cvs.eclass: build while being offline
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2004 01:59:59
1 On Tue, 2004-03-09 at 12:36, Jason Rhinelander wrote:
2 > Torsten Veller wrote:
3 > > Hello,
4 > >
5 > > right now a -cvs ebuild (cvs.eclass) breaks if the computer is offline
6 > > and ECVS_SERVER!=offline. (Today it happens during a revdep-rebuild.)
7 >
8 > How is that broken behaviour? If a non-cvs ebuild can't download its
9 > sources, it fatals as well.
10
11 It is not "working" anymore than it is "broken". revdep-rebuild is
12 supposed to rebuild what you currently have (ie, there should be no
13 reason to download new sources when doing revdep-rebuild). I think it
14 might be wise to have a new FEATURE to signal "don't download cvs
15 sources if we already have a snapshot". revdep-rebuild would then set
16 this FEATURE. This would also allow people who use -cvs ebuilds more
17 flexibility over what in their cvs they update and when.