From: Paul de Vrieze <pauldv@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-portage-dev] Re: [gentoo-dev] EBUILD_FORMAT support
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2005 15:15:51
1 On Friday 26 August 2005 16:58, Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
2 > On Fri, 26 Aug 2005 14:50:52 +0200 Paul de Vrieze <pauldv@g.o>
3 >
4 > wrote:
5 > | ps. People please be aware that this is still alpha in the sense of
6 > | not being complete. For better working it should probably support if
7 > | statements properly, and at least do variable substitution. It would
8 > | mean that the parser would have to retain a state etc.
9 >
10 > Isn't this pretty much a waste of time if it can't handle all the code
11 > in versionator? We're trying to move people away from ugly unreliable
12 > manual substitutions towards readable, maintainable code using the
13 > eclass...
14
15 Hey, it said "alpha". I've just been working on having it parse even more
16 eclasses. It now handles multilib.eclass, and I'll be working on making
17 eutils parse fully. I need to revamp the variable substitution
18 recognition a bit. I'll make sure that it handles versionator too.
19
20 Paul
23 Paul de Vrieze
24 Gentoo Developer