From: Michael Orlitzky <michael@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Attracting developers (Re: Packages up for grabs...)
Date: Sun, 06 Jan 2013 20:50:43
1 On 01/05/2013 12:47 AM, Donnie Berkholz wrote:
2 >
3 > Some early work on it using Bootstrap:
4 >
5 > http://a3li.li/~alex/g.o/
8 I really like this. The (admittedly kind-of ugly) logo and the flying
9 saucer thing are incorporated tastefully and it makes a big difference.
10
11 The zebra tables, and especially the security updates, look great. The
12 heading fonts are well-chosen. The amount of whitespace is just right.
13
14 If I had one criticism, it would be that the leading (i.e. line-height)
15 in the main content should be proportional to the length of the line
16 (ideally, the column width would also be capped between e.g. 40-50em).
17 But that's a minor issue; the entire look is a massive improvement.