From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Initial version of gander/goose statistics up for testing
Date: Tue, 19 May 2020 11:27:50
1 Hi,
2
3 We've deployed the initial work-in-progress version of gander/goose
4 (formerly known as gentoostats) for testing. The goal right now is to
5 establish whether it would work rather than collect useful statistics.
6 However, all interest and testing would be appreciated.
7
8 Few notes:
9
10 1. The client currently collects @world packages and profile, nothing
11 more.
12
13 2. Stats are updated daily, and discarded after one week.
14
15 3. There is a known bug that prevents resubmitting stats when they're
16 about to be removed. So right now you can roughly resubmit every
17 8 days.
18
19 4. If there are only a few users, the risk of guessing who submitted
20 what is pretty high. Bear that in mind.
23 To submit:
24
25 emerge gander
26 gander --setup
27 gander --submit
28
29 You can also use --make-report to see what would be submitted. There is
30 no cron setup at the moment (see also point 3. above).
33 To view:
34
35 https://anser.gentoo.org/stats.json
38 Sources:
39
40 https://github.com/mgorny/gander
41 https://github.com/mgorny/goose
44 Please let me know what you think of it.
47 Best regards,
48 Michał Górny