From: Marek Szuba <marecki@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: llvm@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] Subslots for sys-devel/llvm and sys-devel/clang
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2020 10:35:34
1 Hi all,
2
3 While fighting with https://bugs.gentoo.org/743992 I discovered that it
4 is necessary for dev-libs/opencl-clang to be rebuilt after EVERY update
5 of LLVM and Clang - even such a supposedly trivial one as from 10.0.0 to
6 10.0.1. To the best of my knowledge there is currently no way in-slot
7 LLVM/Clang updates to trigger rebuilds of dependent packages, and the
8 simplest (only?) way of doing this would be to add subslots to
9 sys-devel/llvm and sys-devel/clang ebuilds.
10
11 Therefore:
12
13 1. Is the above correct? I shall be happy to be proven wrong if there is
14 a simpler way of achieving this after all;
15
16 2. If I am not wrong about the current state of affairs, what are your
17 opinions about adding subslots to LLVM and Clang ebuilds?
20 Marecki