From: Mikael Hallendal <hallski@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] emake question
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2001 20:38:01
1 Den 21 Aug 2001 22:24:37 -0400 skrev Aron Griffis:
2
3 > (3) Considering the above, a solution would be to provide a couple of
4 > variables to the ebuild developers. For example,
5 >
6 > MAKEJOPT = ideal -j option for the current machine (preferably
7 > determined at run-time, not install-time)
8 >
9 > MAKEOPTS = other make flags (currently empty)
10 >
11 > Emake can become
12 >
13 > exec make $MAKEJOPT $MAKEOPTS "$@"
14 >
15 > If parallel building doesn't work, the ebuild author could still do
16 > the following if they want the non-parallel flags.
17 >
18 > make $MAKEOPTS
19
20 Do we have any such makeflags? Otherwise I see no point in doing this
21 before we do. Adding an extra variable with no gain (at least not now)
22 is imho stupid. All current ebuilds will work with this change (ie, its
23 transparent for current ebuilds).
24
25 So this discussion can be postponed until we have this need.
26
27 Regards,
28 Mikael Hallendal
32 Mikael Hallendal
33 Gentoo Linux Developer, Desktop Team Leader
34 Stockholm, Sweden