From: "Anthony G. Basile" <basile@××××××××××××××.edu>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] libressl: proposing a new project and calling for help
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2016 13:46:55
1 On 2/15/16 8:43 AM, Kristian Fiskerstrand wrote:
2 > On 02/15/2016 01:20 PM, Dirkjan Ochtman wrote:
3 >> On Sun, Feb 14, 2016 at 10:38 PM, Anthony G. Basile
4 >> <blueness@g.o> wrote:
5 >>> We discussed the state of libressl today in the council.
6 >>> Proceeding forward with that work, I'm going to propose a new
7 >>> project and getting together a team. Much of the work has
8 >>> already done by hasufell and what remain is just following
9 >>> through on his plan.
10 >>
11 >> Is "his plan" detailed anywhere? In other words, what does it mean
12 >> to sign up for this project? :)
15 > https://github.com/gentoo/libressl/wiki/Transition-plan#fixing-unstable-arch-ebuilds
20 That is the plan, and I do need help with it, but even if you don't have
21 a lot of time, I would appreciate if you get familiar with the issues
22 and advise me so that I don't act alone (aka act stupidly). So I run
23 other "alt" projects like the uclibc/musl stuff and hardened, and these
24 mostly stay out of the way of other projects. I'd like libressl to do
25 the same.
26
27 I'll put up a page over the weekend.
30 Anthony G. Basile, Ph. D.