From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] The fallacies of GLEP55
Date: Thu, 14 May 2009 19:24:48
1 On Thu, 14 May 2009 14:15:28 -0500
2 Jeremy Olexa <darkside@g.o> wrote:
3 > On Thu, May 14, 2009 at 2:06 PM, David Leverton
4 > <levertond@××××××××××.com> wrote:
5 > > yourself, "shell-like".   "printf -v EAPI 1" is perfectly valid
6 > > shell (at least if we decide to allow bash 3.1 features), and has
7 > > the same effect
8 >
9 > To stir things up:
10 > Who decides this? There are more and more bash-3.1 features in the
11 > tree and I brought it up to the Council months ago becase the PMS says
12 > that only bash-3.0 is allowed but no one cares.
13
14 Can't allow newer bash features in global scope until the whole "can't
15 make global scope changes" thing is sorted out.
18 Ciaran McCreesh