From: "Hanno Böck" <hanno@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: Create ejabberd project
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2019 08:59:55
1 On Mon, 28 Oct 2019 18:46:15 +0100
2 "Haelwenn (lanodan) Monnier" <contact@×××××××××.me> wrote:
3
4 > > https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Project:Ejabberd
5 >
6 > Wouldn't a Erlang project be better, specially as there is the Perl
7 > and Python projects which are there for probably the same reasons?
8
9 An erlang project would create a wrong impression. I have currently no
10 interest in maintaining the larger erlang ecosystem.
11 If there is developer interest in a generic erlang project that would
12 of course be fine, but it would be a project with a different focus.
13 (And I don't think there would be any problem coordinating the 2
14 projects if they exist, but for now that's a hypothetical situation.)
17 Hanno Böck
18 https://hboeck.de/
19
20 mail/jabber: hanno@××××××.de
21 GPG: FE73757FA60E4E21B937579FA5880072BBB51E42