From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: rfc: deprecation of baselayout-1.x
Date: Fri, 01 Jul 2011 11:28:34
1 Patrick Lauer posted on Fri, 01 Jul 2011 11:45:16 +0200 as excerpted:
2
3 >> So keeping an up and running machine even with a reinstall isn't a
4 >> problem, certainly no more of one than fighting with broken installs,
5 >> because everything has changed out from under the existing one.
6 >
7 > It's not as easy as it could be. We should figure out a reliable way to
8 > move an old install forward ...
9 > (I have some ideas, but it all takes time and lots of testing)
10
11 Can't disagree there. =:^)
16 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman