From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: removing dhcpcd from system???
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2004 15:16:48
1 On Tuesday 28 September 2004 11:08 am, Donnie Berkholz wrote:
2 > On Tue, 2004-09-28 at 07:32, Allen Parker wrote:
3 > > If you think that removing dhcpcd pisses *you* off... perhaps you can
4 > > explain why there aren't any ftp/http clients on the livecds?
5 > > *someone* thought it would be a good idea... hence... i've been
6 > > "cooking" my own livecds with actual useful stuff on them... ncftp,
7 > > elinks, NO dhcpcd,
8 >
9 > Really? lynx/links and wget have always worked for me from the LiveCDs.
10
11 yes, but when you think 'i want to connect to this ftp site and grab a few
12 things', you think 'ftp client'
13 wget sucks because you have to type it all out by heart, lynx works ok as a
14 replacment ... but really i'd prefer a good ftp client (ncftp is really nice,
15 but very quirky and not totally intuitive to first time users)
16 -mike
19 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list