From: Peter Volkov <pva@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: [RFC] Improve policy of stabilizations
Date: Sun, 08 Nov 2009 12:56:47
В Сбт, 07/11/2009 в 12:49 -0800, Zac Medico пишет:
> Peter Volkov wrote: > >> We could introduce "noarch" and "~noarch" KEYWORDS, add "noarch" to > >> the default ACCEPT_KEYWORDS setting for all profiles, and instruct > >> unstable users to add "~noarch" to ACCEPT_KEYWORDS. > > > > Looks like this will not work for all noarch packages. Stardict > > dictionary itself is noarch, but it RDEPENDS on stardict package which > > is keyworded only on some archs. So we'll be forced either to keyword > > stardict on all archs or we need to introduce some new way to work with > > such situations. > > Keywording stardict on all archs doesn't sound reasonable, so I > guess we just need to make sure that repoman will allow the noarch > keyword even though the dependencies aren't keyworded on all > architectures.
But how will portage handle such situations? Will it allow installation of noarch package and pull in *DEPEND only if possible, or will it prohibit installation of noarch pkgs with unsatisfied deps? The latter will make life harder for tools like eix, I guess. -- Peter.

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: [RFC] Improve policy of stabilizations Zac Medico <zmedico@g.o>