From: Zac Medico <zmedico@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Stable sys-devel/gcc USE flag changes
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2013 14:47:01
1 On 01/16/2013 04:00 PM, Michael Weber wrote:
2 > On 01/16/2013 06:33 PM, Michael Orlitzky wrote:
3 >> Yes, sorry for the confusion. I use more than one package manager,
4 >> and when doing an "update" or "upgrade" I'm basically flipping a
5 >> coin.
6 > hehe, as long as we don't --dist-upgrade ;-)
7 > the g was intentional.
8 >
9 > how does portage @preserved-libs work?
10
11 @preserved-rebuild is a package set, which is intended to be obsoleted
12 by EAPI 5 slot-operator automatic rebuilds, as I've mentioned in this
13 blog post:
14
15 http://blogs.gentoo.org/zmedico/2012/09/21/preserve-libs-available-in-portage-2-1/
16
17 > maybe we could emerge @update[s]
18
19 The @ symbol is reserved for package sets, which expand to a set of
20 atoms that are used to select a specific set of packages. Package sets
21 are intended to be orthogonal emerge options.
22
23 > @glsa.
24
25 In portage-2.2 we have the @security package set, which generates atoms
26 from the intersection of the glsa database with your installed packages.
27 The @security code has not been kept in sync with glsa-check (from
28 gentoolkit), so it may contain bugs that have already been fixed in
29 glsa-check.
30 --
31 Thanks,
32 Zac