From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] gpg: signing failed: Inappropriate ioctl for device
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2016 15:45:34
1 On Wed, Dec 14, 2016 at 10:27 AM, M. J. Everitt <m.j.everitt@×××.org> wrote:
2 >
3 > I do, but only usually if its the last package of an emerge because
4 > otherwise its lost many many thousands of lines upwards. Thank goodness
5 > for portage's savelog feature. - Actually that reminds me .. someone
6 > mentioned a useful tweak to that, with an appropriate FEATURES switch,
7 > it would categorise the output of the logging system .. must look that
8 > one up again, or poke the wiki team .......
11 IMO, emailing elogs to root should probably be the default. By all
12 means let people turn it off, but I bet a lot of people don't realize
13 it is an option.
14
15 This goes in all my make.conf files:
16 PORTAGE_ELOG_CLASSES="warn error log"
17 PORTAGE_ELOG_SYSTEM="save mail"
18 PORTAGE_ELOG_MAILURI="a@×.com smtp.server.address"
19 PORTAGE_ELOG_MAILSUBJECT="package \${PACKAGE} merged on \${HOST} with notice"
20
21 Yes, some packages are a bit spammy and this should be fixed, but in
22 general it has prevented more headaches than it has caused.
25 Rich