From: Alastair Tse <liquidx@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] better handling of multibyte characters (nls/cjk/unicode)
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2003 16:09:04
1 On Thu, 2003-10-30 at 11:44, Mamoru KOMACHI wrote:
2 > > > /me votes for unicode use-flag
3 > >
4 > > should also be activated in all profiles by default.
5 >
6 > Any objection if I add unicode USE flag (and make it default in all
7 > profiles) ? We cannot simply convert cjk USE flag to unicode, but in
8
9 wxGTK is currently using a local unicode useflag to enable unicode
10 support. However, this is experimental so I rather not have unicode
11 default in all profiles just yet. By compiling with the unicode useflag,
12 you'll end up with certain wxGTK apps failing to merge.
13
14 Cheers,
15 --
16 Alastair 'liquidx' Tse
17 >> Gentoo Developer
18 >> http://www.liquidx.net/ | http://dev.gentoo.org/~liquidx/
19 >> GPG Key : http://dev.gentoo.org/~liquidx/liquidx_gentoo_org.asc
20 >> FingerPrint : 579A 9B0E 43E8 0E40 EE93 BB1C 38CE 1C7B 3907 14F6