From: Christopher Head <chead@×××××.ca>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Changes made by acct-* ebuilds
Date: Sun, 16 Feb 2020 06:35:17
1 On Thu, 13 Feb 2020 08:09:13 -0800
2 Christopher Head <chead@×××××.ca> wrote:
3
4 > On Wed, 12 Feb 2020 19:14:45 +0100
5 > Michał Górny <mgorny@g.o> wrote:
6 >
7 > > I'm pretty sure user.eclass does print whatever changes it is doing.
8 > > It isn't elog-ged though, I admit. This is probably worth fixing.
9
10 So, I didn’t intend to provoke a massive debate here—personally I
11 somewhat prefer users being modified by new versions of the user
12 ebuilds so that I get security fixes as time goes by to fix e.g. users
13 being in groups they shouldn’t be, but it’s not a huge deal to me.
14
15 elogging when the eclass makes changes, though: Michał, do you want me
16 to file a bug at bugs.gentoo.org for that? Or is it trivial enough you
17 prefer to just do it straight away and not bother?
18 --
19 Christopher Head