From: Martin Schlemmer <azarah@×××××××××.net>
To: Gentoo-Dev <gentoo-dev@g.o>
Cc: Gentoo-Ebuild <gentoo-ebuild@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] BitchX and esound
Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2001 02:14:31
1 On Sun, 2001-09-23 at 05:22, Bruce A. Locke wrote:
2 >
3 > Hello... Enabling sound support in BitchX requires esound 0.2.5 or
4 better.
5 > The only version of esound we have in portage is 0.2.22. The problem
6 > with this is that 0.2.22 is _not_ newer then 0.2.5. And with sound
7 > support enabled BitchX's configure script bombs horribly so for now
8 I've
9 > commented out such support from BitchX's ebuild.
10 >
11 > So we have two issues, the first is the esound versioning problem.
12 The
13 > second was I couldn't get esound 0.2.8 to compile anyways after 15
14 minutes
15 > of playing with it. :(
16 >
17 > Any comments?
18
19 hi
20
21 ok, attached is esound-0.2.8.ebuild and esddsp.c.diff (which should go
22 in the files dir).
23
24 i had to patch esddsp because it needs RTLD_NEXT defined in #include
25 <dlfcn.h>. only problem is, for it to get defined, __USE_GNU needs to
26 be defined. but for some wierd reason even if defineing it in esddsp.d,
27 it does not get passed to #include <dlfcn.h> as being defined. i am on
28 gcc-2.95.3-r5, if someone can trie with another version (gcc 3.01 ??),
29 it would be appreciated.
30
31 also there is problems with ALSA support, so i disabled it. i dont use
32 ALSA so im assuming esd should work ok with ALSA OSS emolution ?!?
33 dont know what the problem is, but it seems the version of ALSA that
34 gentoo use dont have all the strucktures and functions esound-0.2.8
35 needs defined ... same with 0.2.7, so maybe we need to use a newer
36 version of ALSA (0.9 maybe ?).
37
38 greetings
39 MS