From: Owen Stampflee <owen@g.o>
To: Miguel S Filipe <m3thos@×××××××.pt>, gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] About Sun Java 2 SDK 1.4.1, and ways to get it in portage
Date: Fri, 04 Oct 2002 23:27:11
1 On Friday 04 October 2002 8:49 pm, Miguel S Filipe wrote:
2 > I've heard that the problem with Sun's java was the plugin for mozilla,
3 > that didn't worked because it's not compiled with gcc3.2
4 >
5 > But isn't there a way to recompile the j2sdk with gcc3.2 so I can
6 > Install it without any problems with.. (don't the sdk supply the source
7 > code ??
8 In theory you could but it most people think that Sun doesnt provide the same
9 source that they build their builds with.
10
11 > For me it really makes a big diference between the several java jre and
12 > sdk's ... and I really need java to
13 > work.. Eclipse isn't even working properly with blackdown java sdk
14 > installed, and this java is SLOW....
15 My experience with Eclispe is that its simply slow :) But feel free to try the
16 different java solutions and pick your favorite.
17
18 > also, since Java 2 SDK 1.4.1 is out for a few days.. would it be
19 > possible to add a ebuild to the portage tree.. even if masked...
20 Gentoo is in a FREEZE meaning commits that are not bug fixes are not
21 permitted.
22
23 Owen
26 Owen Stampflee - owen@g.o | owens@××××××××.ca