From: "Tomáš Pružina" <tomas.pruzina@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Questions about SystemD and OpenRC
Date: Thu, 09 Aug 2012 19:03:19
1 Not really, Linus has his own web of trust and he don't take stuff
2 from unknown sources, he has his liutennants and every single patch
3 and change must be reviewed by at least two other maintainers below
4 Linus.
5 After all, Linux does not belong to Linus and his branch is by
6 definition of distributed system no better than yours.
7 Exception being is that he generally makes right decisions and can be
8 reason with.
9 It would be much simpler to push _good_ feature into kernel than into
10 gentoo [imho].
11
12 @systemd:
13 I liked it in it's early stages but every month code gets more and
14 more bloated and for (to me) unknown reason it's slowing on my machine
15 every new version. It also did not deliver on promise of stability as
16 early scripts I wrote don't work with latest version.