From: Tom Prado <tprado@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-dev] local package.mask / or unmask
Date: Mon, 09 Sep 2002 22:11:43
1 Hello all,
2
3 There's probably something in the documentation describing how to do
4 this but I couldn't seem to find anything anywhere. I have
5 modifications to my /usr/portage/profiles/package.mask but everytime I
6 emerge rsync, I loose them all and have to reapply. Is there a way to
7 have a local package.mask file that I can use to both mask specific
8 versions of packages and unmask others that are currently masked in the
9 central one? I tried creating one in /usr/portage.local/profiles (after
10 setting PORTDIR_OVERLAY in /etc/make.conf) but that didn't seem to have
11 any effect.
12
13 Thank you for your time,
14 Tom Prado