From: Paul de Vrieze <pauldv@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RE:Boot floppies
Date: Sat, 26 Jul 2003 19:55:56
1 On Saturday 26 July 2003 20:29, Mike Frysinger wrote:
2 > the trouble i'm having (and the reason i sent this mail) is getting
3 > bootloaders working ;) i fixed the zero-ing of ramdisks by using loopback,
4 > but now when i try to grub/lilo a loopback device, it (obviously) complains
5 > it doesnt know anything about a loopback device. anyone ever try this kind
6 > of thing before ? the idea is to produce the final image w/out ever
7
8 I believe that initrd was created for things like this. It should allow you to
9 perform some manual action before the root filesystem is mounted. I do not
10 however know exactly how it works.
11
12 Paul
15 Paul de Vrieze