From: 320095285153-0001@t-online.de (Achim Gottinger)
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Install not working
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2001 09:14:13
1 Bill Anderson wrote:
2
3 > OK, I finally got room to install gentoo.
4 >
5 > I did make one thing different than in the install guide; I used a
6 > single partition.
7 >
8 > Problem: it won't boot fully.
9 > It reaches the end of the scripts in runlevel 3 and just stops.
10
11 Do all the services start with [OK] ?
14 > Sometimes I get a message to hit enter to continue, but alas, nothing
15 > occurs.
16
17 Your system freezes? Hit enter and continue does not work?
18
19 > I can boot to single user mode, but nothing else. If I try to
20 > then switch to runlevel 3 it fails as noted above.
23 Can you send me a ls -l of /etc/rc.d/rc3.d and /etc/rc.d/init.d
24
25 Bye Achim
28 > Any clues here?
29 >