From: Roy Bamford <neddyseagoon@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] License for Google Chrome
Date: Sat, 27 Aug 2011 12:28:01
1 On 2011.08.26 23:06, Mike Gilbert wrote:
2 > I have been maintaining an ebuild for Google Chrome in an overlay. It
3 > basically extracts a deb file to /opt. This serves as an easy
4 > alternative for people who do not have the patience to compile
5 > Chromium.
6 >
7 > Now that I have developer access, I would like to move this to the
8 > tree. Before doing so, I need some advice on how to deal with the
9 > EULA[1].
10 >
11 > I think clause 2.2 (B) allows me to avoid a fetch restriction.
12 >
13 > I think clause 5.3 prohibits mirroring.
14 >
15 > Do I need to worry about anything else here?
16 >
17 > [1] http://www.google.com/chrome/intl/en/eula_text.html
21 Mike,
22
23 You will need to add the licence to the tree as its a EULA.
24 The package will need to be masked by the licence.
25
26 If Google provide a click through licence agreement, complying with
27 clause 2 is out of our hands. If not, licence masking should ensure
28 that users read the licence before they install and subsequently use
29 the package.
32 Regards,
33
34 Roy Bamford