From: "Stephen P. Becker" <geoman@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] adding a code of conduct
Date: Mon, 03 Apr 2006 22:43:37
1 Mike Frysinger wrote:
2 > dont get me wrong, i hate documenting common sense as much as the next sane
3 > guy, but it seems Gentoo has come to the point where this needs to be done
4 >
5 > many thanks to the Ubuntu guys and to solar for doing the real work here:
6 > http://dev.gentoo.org/~solar/xml/conduct.html
7 >
8 > i dont see how anyone can be against this (unless you're a terrorist!), so
9 > this is on track to be integrated as-is into the dev handbook Etiquette
10 > section
11 > -mike
12
13 I already happen to know a very large number of people are against this
14 as worded, including myself. If you don't believe me, simply look back
15 at the thread discussing Ciaran's access revocation by infra. Lots of
16 people didn't like that very much. Forcing the same bullshit into
17 policy doesn't change the fact that it is wrong, it merely provides a
18 way for infra to blow off criticism by saying "RTFM" in the future in
19 case such an event happens again.
20
21 The simple fact is, until devrel has decided somebody has done something
22 wrong, such pre-emptive strikes against developers are wrong as far as I
23 am concerned.
24
25 -Steve
26 --