From: Gilles Dartiguelongue <eva@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] making USE=upnp a global flag
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2012 22:56:18
1 Le samedi 08 septembre 2012 à 20:29 +0200, Michał Górny a écrit :
2 > On Sat, 8 Sep 2012 10:37:49 -0700
3 > Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o> wrote:
4 >
5 > > i'm surprised this hasn't happened already. currently at 18 users
6 > > (and i'm adding another), so time to make global. i'll use the
8 > > upnp: Enable support for the Universal Plug and Play (UPnP) network
9 > > protocol
10 >
11 > Not sure about that description. It's whole stack of protocols which
12 > usually benefit from more refined description.
13 >
14 > On the other hand, the local descriptions in the tree show that some
15 > people simply don't care and you are guessing what it does anyway...
16 >
17 "Enable support for DLNA/UPnP" seems a good enough description. People
18 that care about it most likely will know two things about it:
19 * opens up ports on the router for torrents/games
20 * makes PC talk to TV/console for audio/video
21
22 I'll admit this does not fit tracker but that's because I wasn't
23 inspired when I had to find a USE flag to select a video metadata
24 extractor :).
27 Gilles Dartiguelongue <eva@g.o>
28 Gentoo