From: Joachim Blaabjerg <styx@×××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Secure Gentoo - What do you think?
Date: Tue, 08 Jan 2002 07:26:54
1 Mikael Hallendal <hallski@g.o> wrote:
2
3 > Will this work be done on Gentoo or are you planning to use portage
4 > SuxOS?
5
6 I was planning to use Gentoo as a base, kind of, and make "secure" Portage
7 packages (with safe defaults etc., plus a few packages that aren't made for
8 Gentoo yes (AFAIK), like LIDS and libsafe, plus the patched kernel).
9
10 > An interesting thought here would be to have some variable set in
11 > make.conf that if set only lets you install packages from a list of
12 > trusted apps/version. This would be a very flexible solution. Since it
13 > lets you have the exact same operating system on your workstation/server
14 > while having a really secure setup on your server.
15
16 Hmm... Sounds interesting!
17
18 > Let us know if you have any problems.
19
20 I will...
21
22 My only "problem" right now is to figure out where to start... ;) I guess I'll
23 have to, more or less, modify each and every one of the .ebuild files.
24
25 > Otherwise the only thing I have to say, welcome to the Gentoo community!
26
27 Thanks a lot! :)
30 Joachim Blaabjerg
31 styx@×××××.org