From: William Hubbs <williamh@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: peper@g.o, council@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Council Agenda 20100809 rev 01
Date: Sat, 07 Aug 2010 20:48:52
1 On Sat, Aug 07, 2010 at 06:16:30AM -0700, Brian Harring wrote:
2 > On Fri, Aug 06, 2010 at 09:26:46PM +0200, Tommmmm Chvvvtal wrote:
3 > > Hi,
4 > > since I am this meetings girl for everything here is first pass on our
5 > > agenda.
6 > >
7 > > I am adding this mail only to g-dev and g-dev-announce to see if
8 > > everyone notice, sorry if it slip your radar. Also if you have something
9 > > to say on this mail please reply to gentoo-dev, or you will render me
10 > > quite sad about thread breaking.
11 > >
12 > > Without much ado here goes THE PLAN:
13 > >
14 > > 1) allow all members to show up (5 min)
15 > > 2) voting
16 > > 2a) we have nothing to vote this time, nobody wanted anything YAY :)
17 > > 3) discussion
18 > > 3a) from last council meeting: the mailing list situation
19 > > 3b) from last council meeting: eclass API changes
20 > > 3c) EAPI 4 status (jmbsvicetto nominate this so we actualy do something new)
21 > > 4) Bugs assigned to council@ in bugzilla and their progress
22 > > 5) select the chair for following meeting
23 > > 6) open floor: community/developers can smash us here :)
24 > > Z) buy some cookies (30 min)
25 >
26 > I suspect we may not wind up being able to get to it in the coming
27 > meeting, but I'd like g55 sorted.
28 >
29 > Specifically, if the authors of it (cc'd) want it to move forward,
30 > request the council vote on it. If you don't want it voted on, mark
31 > it moribund.
32 >
33 > The purpose behind this is to put to end this discussion rather than
34 > having it flare up and make a mess every few months.
35 >
36 > Simply put, it's nothing but divisive noise at this point with no real
37 > new technical discourse occuring- meaning it's realistically time for
38 > a decision (either push it to a vote or put it to bed).
39
40 Regardless of my personal opinions about the technical issues on this
41 glep, I agree with the above statement. I am personally tired of seeing
42 the discussion flare up every few months and go nowhere.
43
44 William