From: Blake Watters <sbw@×××××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Determining client/server role in ebuild
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2002 15:28:05
1 I've just started whipping up a samhain ebuild and I was immediately
2 struck by the question of how to deal with determining the client/server
3 role (I'm interested in centralized monitoring) of the machine during
4 ebuild installation. Basically you have to enable client/server role at
5 configuration time. So I either have to prompt the user interactively
6 (something I haven't seen done in an ebuild and seems to run contrary to
7 the nature of portage) or determine it with something like a use flag. But
8 I also seem to remember something about a policy against adding use flag
9 willy-nilly to Portage. What's the preferred way to deal with a situation
10 like this?
11
12 Thanks,
13 Blake