From: Tom Wijsman <TomWij@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RANT: Upgrade icu and KDE at once
Date: Wed, 01 May 2013 09:44:24
1 On Wed, 1 May 2013 11:20:37 +0200
2 Peter Stuge <peter@×××××.se> wrote:
3
4 > Tom Wijsman wrote:
5 > > > Well, here we go again! Again an update of Gentoo stable where
6 > > > emerge tries to upgrade icu and KDE in one run (and this time
7 > > > additionally libreoffice).
8 > >
9 > > If you don't want that to happen, use package sets and exclusion.
10 >
11 > Wait - using default settings results in emerge leaving a broken
12 > system, and your response is "take non-default actions to avoid
13 > that" ?
14
15 "in one run", I see no mention of "broken" in what I quoted here;
16 don't pull it out of its context, it was just a suggestion.
19 With kind regards,
20
21 Tom Wijsman (TomWij)
22 Gentoo Developer
23
24 E-mail address : TomWij@g.o
25 GPG Public Key : 6D34E57D
26 GPG Fingerprint : C165 AF18 AB4C 400B C3D2 ABF0 95B2 1FCD 6D34 E57D