From: Thomas de Grenier de Latour <degrenier@×××××××××××.fr>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Detecting gcj in ebuilds
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 00:28:52
1 On Wed, 10 Nov 2004 18:59:00 -0500
2 Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > > My ebuilds respond to USE=gcj, but I obviously need to do a
5 > > dependency type check. Obviously something like
6 >
7 > for now, nothing you can do, just keep utilizing 'USE=gcj'
8
9 app-text/pdftk uses this:
10
11 pkg_setup() {
12 if [ -z "$(which gcj 2>/dev/null)" ]; then
13 eerror "It seems that your system doesn't provides a Java
14 compiler."
15 eerror "Re-emerge sys-devel/gcc with \"java\" and \"gcj\"
16 enabled."
17 die "gcj not found."
18 fi
19 }
20
21 Sure, that doesn't fixes anything, but that's still better than
22 obscur make failures (and bugreports), no?
23
24 > you want Bug 2272
25
26 Just by curiosity, what should be the behavior of a Portage
27 implementing USE dependencies? Failure at depend time? Forcing
28 a re-emerge of packages with missing flags? Something else?
31 TGL.
34 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list