From: "Diego Elio Pettenò" <flameeyes@×××××.com>
To: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] On hosting self-produced distfiles
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2011 02:50:59
1 Il giorno mer, 19/01/2011 alle 21.44 -0500, Mike Frysinger ha scritto:
2 >
3 > you really need to start off discussions as "here is the problem i
4 > perceive
5 > and here is a solution i think will address it". shooting off e-mails
6 > from on
7 > high as an official edict without room for discussion is no way to run
8 > a team.
9
10 There is nothing new or revolutionary in what I said — are you trying to
11 challenge the need for traceability of distfiles?
12
13 Sure we should find a better solution than dev.gentoo.org, but Robin's
14 already working on that. This is a transitional solution that allows us
15 to have stable source URIs, and encodes what most of us (including me
16 and *you* by the way) have been doing already.
17
18 Do you really think I should have "discussed" with "a team" about this?
19 More than asking Robin as part of infra if it's okay (with his answer
20 being "yeah, that's fine | i do it too", literally)?
21
22 I'm not going to force my hand here with stuff that is up to debate, but
23 seriously, *this*?
26 Diego Elio Pettenò — Flameeyes
27 http://blog.flameeyes.eu/