From: "Tiziano Müller" <dev-zero@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: Re: About herds and their non-existant use
Date: Sat, 24 May 2008 10:00:50
1 Marius Mauch wrote:
2 > Hmm, in that case maybe it's be possible to use a similar system for
3 > devs, e.g.
4 > <maintainer>
5 > <dev>genone</dev>
6 > </maintainer>
7 > and only use the <email> element for non-dev maintainers and upstream
8 > contacts. Anyway, as long as we use the same tag to list both
9 > individual and group maintainers it would be an improvement IMO.
10
11 Sure, that'd be great. This information could be autogenerated from LDAP
12 though.
13
14 This would result in something like this:
15
16 <pkgmetadata>
17 <xi:include href="http://www.gentoo.org/metadata/metadata-refs.xml"
18 xmlns:xi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XInclude"/>
19 <!-- ^^ depends on how we decide to implement things -->
20 <maintainer>
21 <herd>foobar</herd>
22 </maintainer>
23 <maintainer primary="true">
24 <dev>moomooman</dev>
25 </maintainer>
26 <maintainer>
27 <email>foobar@×××××××××.com</email>
28 <name>Someone Foobar</name>
29 <description>Proxy maintainer</description>
30 </maintainer>
33 Just in case someone's interested: http://dev.gentoo.org/~dev-zero/metadata/
34 There is a first metadata.xsd and a couple of metadata.xml files for
35 testing.
36
37 You can validate using this: 'xmllint --xinclude --schema
38 metadata.xsd --noout $FILE' since xmllint seems to ignore the XSD
39 specification in the XML and tries to validate against a non-existing DTD.
40
41 The metadata.xsd is a work-in-progress and not finished (yet).
42
43 Cheers,
44 Tiziano
48 gentoo-dev@l.g.o mailing list