From: Alex Holden <alex@×××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] fcron ebuild
Date: Sat, 29 Jun 2002 12:28:24
1 Alex Holden wrote:
2 > Why not use nvi instead, it's much smaller and doesn't depend on X. I
3
4 Oops, I actually meant the "vi" package not the "nvi" package (I thought
5 they were the same thing until I looked closer and realised that vi had
6 installed itself on top of nvi). How come vi installs to /usr/bin
7 instead of /bin - many systems I've seen have a small standalone vi
8 installed in /bin so that an editor is available for disaster recovery
9 purposes if the /usr partition can't be mounted for some reason.
12 ------------ Alex Holden - http://www.linuxhacker.org ------------
13 If it doesn't work, you're not hitting it with a big enough hammer