From: Corey Shields <cshields@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Use of "nomirror" flag
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2004 21:50:28
1 Robin H. Johnson wrote:
2
3 >On Mon, Oct 25, 2004 at 09:13:37PM +0000, Kurt Lieber wrote:
6 >Yes, it does override the nomirror flag [see portage(5)].
7 >
8 >I use it to great effect to administer a large number of Gentoo servers
9 >at work. Not having to download the Sun JDK multiple times is a great
10 >boon - just download once, and place it on my private mirror.
13 It may override locally, but that still does not place the necessary
14 files into our mirror network, because the scripts that distribute said
15 files look for and honor that flag (which is what it was put there for
16 in the first place, to keep files off of the mirrors.. hence the name,
17 "nomirror").
18
19 -C
22 Corey Shields
23 Gentoo Linux Infrastructure Team and Devrel Team
24 Gentoo Foundation Board of Trustees
25 http://www.gentoo.org/~cshields
29 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list