From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: Code Review Systems Was: Git Migration: launch plan & schedule
Date: Tue, 07 Jul 2015 00:27:47
1 hasufell posted on Mon, 06 Jul 2015 19:20:14 +0200 as excerpted:
2
3 > However, we should encourage gentoo-internal projects to become more
4 > strict (and e.g. only have one or two "pushers").
5
6 Just noting there's also the "review required, but after getting it, go
7 ahead and push" model. Same number of pushers, but better
8 professionalism and code quality.
9
10 It seems to be working very well for portage, now, and I'm pleased to see
11 the greater bus factor as well as higher professionalism and code
12 quality, that seems to be the result. =:^)
13
14 And the fact that they're pushing the posting and reviews to the portage-
15 dev list increases transparency as well, for those non-devs that like to
16 follow developments on such system- and gentoo-critical packages. =:^)
21 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman