From: Vik Olliver <vik@××××××××××××××××××.nz>
To: emuller@××××××××.com
Cc: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Gnunet and Gentoo
Date: Sun, 28 Apr 2002 02:22:27
1 Edward Muller wrote:
2 >
3 > I finally spent some time playing with freenet the other day...
4 >
5 > And it is definitely not the thing to use as it cannot currently be searched.
6
7 Righto, scratch that one off the list.
8
9 > I also played with gnunet briefly and it seemed to be very very very
10 slow.
11 >
12 > I'm not 100% sure that networks like gnunet/freenet are all that good yet.
13
14 I have a feeling that if Gnunet increases in popularity, it might
15 increase both the node density and total system bandwidth.
16
17 I'm getting concerned that a self-perpetuating Linux distribution might
18 be necessary. The sooner Linux has this capability, the better for all
19 of us. It would mean that Congresscritters are going to have an even
20 harder time killing it off. Sounds kinda paranoid, but then there was
21 the Dimitri incident...
22
23 Vik :v)
24 --
26 \ / ASCII Ribbon Campaign One of The Olliver Family \ /
27 X - NO HTML/RTF in e-mail http://olliver.family.gen.nz X
28 / \ - NO MSWord docs in e-mail Public PGP key available there / \