From: Pacho Ramos <pacho@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Portage Git migration - clean cut or git-cvsserver
Date: Thu, 24 May 2012 06:36:05
1 El mié, 23-05-2012 a las 17:00 -0300, Ezequiel Garcia escribió:
2 > On Wed, May 23, 2012 at 4:37 PM, Arun Raghavan <ford_prefect@g.o> wrote:
3 > > I, for one, think we should stay with CVS and leave all this git
4 > > Linusware to the new-fangled Fedora kids with their fancy init systems
5 > > and tight coupling. CVS was good enough for my grandfather, and it's
6 > > good enough for you.
9 > Perhaps it would be instructive if you could tell us one advantage of
10 > cvs over git.
11 >
12 > (This is me exposing me to your terrible dev-flames, I was feeling too cold ;)
16 I think Arun's comment was sarcastic ;)
17
18 I guess that cvsserver bug can be dropped from blockers, no? Now, the
19 other pending blockers... :(