From: Samuli Suominen <ssuominen@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] Remove cups from default profile to solve circular deps
Date: Mon, 01 Mar 2010 21:57:52
1 On 03/01/2010 11:24 PM, Ben de Groot wrote:
2 > For some reason beyond my understanding, we have the cups useflag
3 > enabled by default in profiles. This has started to generate circular
4 > dependencies, at least for desktop profile users (gtk -> cups ->
5 > poppler -> gtk). I propose we no longer enable the cups useflag.
6 >
7 > Cheers,
8
9 +1 for disabling it by default, long as it's done with care
10
11 for example, see how it will change the pkgs using USE cups, some might
12 need a + default flag or they might get defaulted to "lpr"
13
14 (and that is really only a example)