From: Tom Wijsman <TomWij@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: slong@××××××××××××××××××.uk
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Possibility of overriding user defined INSTALL_MASK from an ebuild?
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2014 13:33:43
1 On Wed, 26 Mar 2014 13:27:52 +0000
2 "Steven J. Long" <slong@××××××××××××××××××.uk> wrote:
3
4 > eg:
5 > $ INSTALL_MASK='/lib/udev/*:/usr/lib/systemd/*'
6 > $ echeck_error -s : INSTALL_MASK /lib/udev /usr/lib/systemd/
7 > !! INSTALL_MASK contains: '/lib/udev'
8 > !! INSTALL_MASK contains: '/usr/lib/systemd/'
9 > !! die: Bad INSTALL_MASK
10
11 If we were to take this example to its extreme; then we would have to
12 create an inventory of which INSTALL_MASK entries are good and bad for
13 each ebuild, in which we cover all the files installed by that ebuild.
14
15 People that use INSTALL_MASK should be very well aware of what they are
16 doing, as with any other variable or command you run you need to be
17 very aware of what it does; that you mask installation of /lib/udev/
18 and /usr/lib/systemd/ therefore would be based on their knowledge of
19 what is in these directories, and not on our hand holding thereof.
20
21 Reminds me about my INSTALL_MASK on configure* and Makefile*; by doing
22 so, I missed out on packages installing these for use in rev dep builds.
25 With kind regards,
26
27 Tom Wijsman (TomWij)
28 Gentoo Developer
29
30 E-mail address : TomWij@g.o
31 GPG Public Key : 6D34E57D
32 GPG Fingerprint : C165 AF18 AB4C 400B C3D2 ABF0 95B2 1FCD 6D34 E57D