From: Paul de Vrieze <pauldv@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] A few modest suggestions regarding tree size
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2004 09:53:23
1 On Tuesday 12 October 2004 23:37, Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
2 > It has come to my attention that, during recent weeks, a small number
3 > of users have been complaining recently about the size of the rsync
4 > tree. My august colleagues have proposed many ingenious solutions, but
5 > misfortunately they are all complicated and involve a lot of manual
6 > work. I believe the following small changes (which can mostly be
7 > automated) would prove of much larger benefit to the community for a
8 > vastly reduced cost.
9
10 I understand your concerns, but urge you to consider the option of
11 postprocessing ebuilds when they get transferred from CVS to the rsync
12 master. To be able to read an ebuild efficiently we need spaces, tabs,
13 AND COMMENTS. The thing needs to be maintainable. Sometimes comments are
14 not so much for users as for developers.
15
16 Paul
19 Paul de Vrieze
20 Gentoo Developer